Medicaid, together with CHIP and AllKids, provides services to some 3.2 million people.
Nearly a million Illinois residents have gained health insurance since the ACA opened for business in October 2013 – the vast majority of them through the expanded Medicaid program.
More than 622,000 people had signed up for adult Medicaid under the ACA as of August 2014.
- Medicaid Signups • Map
Illinois' Medicaid expansion has been responsible for the largest share of the decline in uninsurance since ACA enactment. Medicaid covered 1.3 million working-age residents (17.5%) in 2016, up from 864,000 in 2012 (13.2%), a 49% increase.
- Medicaid waivers expiring - SPW issue briefs
- Medicaid state flexibility - SPW issue briefs
- Medicaid work requirements by state - SPW issue brief
- HFS facts & figures - data main page at HFS
- Medicaid enrollment data - by county and legislative districts from HFS
- MCO enrollment data - 14 counties, current year, from HFS
- State health facts at a glance: Illinois Medicaid & CHIP - from KFF.org